10 Mountainview Rd
Upper Saddle River,
Contract To Hire
Job Category: IT Leadership
Job Number: 8198
Our North Jersey client is adding a Test Team Lead to coordinate performance & regression testing. In this role you will coordinate with business process owners and IS process owners to schedule, resource and prepare for performance and regression testing cycles. In addition to preparing for the schedule of activities you will also prepare status and monitor defect lists and closures. This is a Sr. level position and candidates need to have very strong collaborative skills and the ability to work with multiple groups simultaneously and communicate/present to all levels. This is a functional lead role and candidates won’ t participate in testing but will have responsibility over test success and documentation. This position won’ t directly manage any resources but will work with on-shore and off-shore groups responsible for test execution. There are several test “ pillars” and this person will interact and coordinate with other test groups like integration testing etc.
Day to day duties:
- Establishment of Test Strategy for Regression Testing – determine environments, rounds, mix of automated vs. manual, including scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Ensures Test Readiness: Across multiple workstream, coordinate with, with Process Owners to confirm scope for cycle(s) and ensure scenarios are created properly in the test tool (ALM). Work in alignment with System Integrator to maintain necessary test cases/scripts.
- Establish & Communicate status & metrics of cycles.
- Capture Data needs/requirements from working sessions with process owners and roll out teams. Coordinate any data prep with appropriate resources. Ensure Data/Parameter sheets are available for scenarios.
- Facilitate by workstream daily test status meeting, to provide Testing Status Reporting to Test Lead
- Monitors Execution and Defect Closure
- Attends Defect Meetings providing updates; When needed set and facilitate targeted meetings to set actions for defect closure.
- Support Testers with HP-ALM investigations
- Support scheduling activities for test cycles.
- Partner System connection – ensure participation in sessions and communication where they are needed, in conjunction with the process owners.
- With Test Lead & Test Factory Leads, managing resource plans and requirements for cycles.
- Create long term strategy for performance testing - Long term approach should focus on leveraging ALM scripts for performance testing using UFT Strategy to address how performance testing will be integrated various releases.
- Support performance team with the scripting, execution and reporting of release performance test.
- Work with SAP Max Attention in VTO planning and execution.
Must have skills:
10+yrs in information technology
3+yrs leading test activities with specific emphasis on performance and regression testing
Testing experience on an SAP project (or other large ERP project)
Testing experience in a highly regulated environment (SOX, FDA, GMP, GLP, GCP, etc)
Experience with HP ALM, Silk Performer, UFT or similar products
Must have very strong communication skills and have a history or collaborative work
Nice to have skills:
Experience with Computer System Validation activities
Knowledge of IS process frameworks (ITIL, CobIT, etc)