Job Category: Application Development
Job Number: 8183
In this role you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of clients Product Lifecycle Management systems. This role will be responsible for implementing and rolling out enhancements and production support for our existing PLM application for all of our users globally. Business areas supported by this role include Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, and other functions. The Analyst-related tasks to be performed shall encompass the full enterprise systems implementation lifecycle, including but not limited to: requirements gathering/documentation, configuration, testing (unit, system, and integration), user training, issue triage and working with the internal and external PLM Development/Maintenance teams to resolve identified software issues. In addition, this role will be working very closely with the business users to provide application support as required.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with business users, gather requirements and translate to functional design documents to be provided to application support vendors for implementation.
- Work very closely with business users and external vendors to ensure the accurate rollout of system enhancements and production issues fixes.
- Develop functional business requirements specifications to support improved business process and business/systems modification. The specification developed would be at a level where it would document the business need and is not a technical document. It is geared toward the business community, and is readable by the business community as well as the technical community to help define the business requirements.
- Work closely with IT and business partners to assure the timeliness for the completion of projects. Develop and execute integrated testing scripts. Coordinate with and incorporate business community into the testing process. Develop or oversee the development of user documentation and training material needed by the business community.
- Working closely with IT resources (internal and external) to assist with issue resolution when appropriate.
- PLM training for end users – internal and external users.
- Experience in working with Automotive Supplier’ s Product design and development systems and processes as it relates to PLM capabilities
- Knowledge of capturing and documenting Functional Requirements, Test Scripts, and System Documentation.
- Hands-on experience with any major Siemens Teamcenter PLM platform is preferable.
- Hands-on experience with Engineering, CAD, Program Management and Manufacturing applications for an Automotive supplier business is preferable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot complex business scenarios and provide solutions to business users.
- Must have strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Should be comfortable with hands-on instructor-led role to a business or IT user group.
- Must be able to author documents using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Visio).
- Prior user training experience for PLM system users.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must have strong written skills, with the ability to convey clear and concise thoughts and ideas.
- Should have good interpersonal skills to deal with user community and vendors.
- Must be willing to work from both Novi (mainly) and Holland offices as required.