Job Category: Infrastructure
Job Number: 8941
The IT Systems Network Administrator/Engineer configures, manages and moderately administers complex computer systems, networks and storage environments; gathers and interprets functional specifications and user requirements; participates in design reviews and identifies potential mitigation strategies for technical risks identified. This role reports to the: Mgr of Infrastructure and is additionally responsible for supporting and resolving the end-user’s computer problems to setting up and maintaining the network system as a whole.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Must Have Experience:
- Install, and maintain Windows Server 2012R2 - 2019, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Office365, Exchange, and related Microsoft technologies.
- Configure security and access utilizing Microsoft Active Directory & Azure Active Directory.
- Assist end-users with endpoint administration and troubleshooting.
- Maintain backup and recovery processes.
- Network switch and firewall administration.
- Installing and configuring network equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues.
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks.
- Provide technical oversight of WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance and troubleshooting. Design, deploy and administer the wireless infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system, and infrastructure availability and reliability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks.
- Identifying possible solutions to improve application performance.
- Maintain security backup and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Administrating various devices and services [website] routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, Wi-Fi).
- Maintain systems software (upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations).
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Work with users and other personnel for problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in System & Network Administration is required, supporting end-users and implementation and troubleshooting.
- Experience installing, and maintaining Windows Server 2012R2 - 2019, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Office365, Exchange, and related Microsoft technologies.
- Experience configuring security and access utilizing Microsoft Active Directory & Azure Active Directory.
- Network certifications are highly desired – i.e. CompTia.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols [website] Ipsec, Harps, BGP, Ospf, 802.11, QoS)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and perform network tuning based on performance/protocol analysis for network infrastructure.