One Jackson Place
Contract To Hire
Job Number: 7110
Our Jackson Michigan client is adding an Avaya Voice Engineer to their Enterprise Voice Team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the voice network. Our client’ s network consists of data center hosted applications, multiple advanced contact centers, and 40, 000 voice terminals distributed over 70 networked locations.
The daily focus of the position includes operational support of the Voice Network, advanced voice applications and third-party products and services. This position collaborates with other engineers on joint projects and undertakes projects to improve and evolve voice network performance, capacity and availability, utilizing a variety of hardware and software technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a key contributor for Change Controls, major projects, enterprise dial plan, and system outages for voice systems and applications.
- Participate in the planning, design and go-live activities, site moves and addition of new locations.
- Participate in activities related to system software or hardware upgrades. This includes reviewing release notes and determining the upgrade process, determining user impact during the upgrade, and performing post upgrade testing/validation.
- Participate on response team during major outages or implementations.
- Level 2 support (incidents and requests) assigned to Voice Services.
5+ years’ experience supporting and implementing Avaya VoIP systems and endpoints in complex multi-site VoIP networks.
Strong experience with complex dial plans and their design and implementation (multi-site, multiple vendor structured dial plans).
Experience implementing SIP trunking and configuration of Session Boarder Controllers.
Requires experience using tools for the support of complex VoIP environments for troubleshooting and diagnosing, system monitoring, capacity planning and performance optimization (ie. Orion Solar Winds, Oasis, NetScout, Impact Technologies Traffic Analyst)
Nice to have:
Experience working with Spectralink, ASCOM or similar technologies for wireless communications.
Experience supporting contact center applications. This would include the configuration of routing flows/strategies, agent skills, and the running and analyzing of contact center reports.
Experience with advanced contact center applications such as Work Force Management, Quality or Compliance Recording, Forecasting/Scheduling, IVR systems.
Experience configuring data switches, VLANs, QoS policies.