Job Category: Business Analysis
Job Number: 8773
The Financial Systems Analyst works with co-workers from Financial Services and People Services departments and related third parties to define and document business processes, and works with the Technology department to define software requirements for technology initiatives across Financial Services applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Department Support, Analysis and Solution Definition
- Works to understand all Financial Services system applications and work flow.
- Provides support to users regarding systems issues and daily operating needs.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, accuracy, and consistency through system solutions. Provides individual and group system training to co-workers.
- Creates custom reports and queries using Microsoft Excel and Global Software’s Spreadsheet Server tools to support all teams within the department. Assists with enhancement and troubleshooting of current reports and queries.
- Works to understand the business issues and challenges, evaluating information harvested through meetings and discussions, task and data analysis, and business process understanding.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing practices and mindsets to identify solutions to meet the needs of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Contributes to financial reporting, budgeting, and month-end processes through support of the Financial Services’ teams with assigned responsibilities.
- Provides support to Technology to assist in development of functional requirements and maintenance of functional specifications
- Works with application developers and users to ensure business requirements are understood and met
- Project work related to accounting system upgrades and process innovation
- Assists in monitoring of project deadlines and schedules
- Responsible for leading testing efforts; assisting users in preparing for testing as well as ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Executes roll out of solution through training, documentation and hand off to related users
- Identify and drive process improvements associated with new or existing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or technology preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years business or financial analyst experience required.
- Experience working with an ERP system is required.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is desired, but not a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be assertive and willing to take the initiative in resolving questions and issues and implementing solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Report Writing Software, etc.). Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience required, including an understanding of macros.